Monday, January 23, 2012

Looky What I Found

I was doing my normal grocery shopping at Hy-Vee over the week-end and I came upon this perfectly package of pre-washed, pre-cut kale tucked in over by the packaged salads. 


This stopped me dead in my tracks!  I swear I'm not obsessed with kale; it's just cheap, healthy and easy to cook with.  So far I have tried kale chips and sweet and savory kale and both are wonderful additions to my ever growing healthy foods list.


I also came up with my own concoction of sauteed kale with mushrooms, red bell peppers and about a tablespoon of Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce from Tastefully Simple - it turned out delish!!!

On a side note, I do have one of these stashed away in my closet - I kid, I kid!  But it would be pretty funny, huh?

Coming soon:  chit chat about bok choy

Happy Monday, everyone!       

1 comment:

  1. And it's a product of the US! That's a plus! You've convinced me to give it a try. Your blog is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete