Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I ♥ Kale Chips!

One of my most favorite go-to snack is kale chips.  They usually do the job when my craving for something crunchy kicks in.  Kale is incredibly healthy and has tons of beneficial factors; one being the promotion of  weigh loss (oh yeah!). Just google 'benefits of kale" and you will be amazed! 

I've made many variations of kale chips and how found the perfect one for me.  Maybe it will be the perfect one for you too!

Ingredients
Organic Kale (always go organic when you can)
Olive Oil
Ranch Popcorn Seasoning

Rinse and dry the kale
Tear the kale into bite size pieces - don't use the stems, they are tough and not very yummy.


Put all the kale pieces into a large zip lock back (I use the gallon size)
Put a drizzle of the olive oil in the bag with the kale - a little goes a long way
Then shake the bag to make sure all the kale is coated with the olive oil.


Dump the kale on to a baking sheet, try not to have the kale pieces sitting on top of one another.


Then shake the seasoning on the kale - I use alot, probably more than I should.  The seasoning tastes terrible on popcorn but delish on kale chips!

Bake at 325 degrees for about 8-9 minutes.  Adjust your temp and time to suite YOU.  I originally use to bake them at 350 for 9 minutes and they always came out really crispy.  I actually like them a little tender versus 100% crispy.



Place them on a plate and enjoy the super food kale - YUM!!!!













1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I have a batch of kale in the oven now. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Can't wait to try it. --Gina Sebree

    ReplyDelete