Monday, January 6, 2014
It most certainly has been awhile since you've heard from me. I could blame a few things for my absence; but the truth is I’m fat again. I've been avoiding talking about it because it makes me mad, sad and basically feel defeated. Even my fat pants barely button anymore AND I have the box sitting in my garage.
Please don’t tell me that I’m not the only one that has the box.
It’s been months since I’ve stepped foot into a gym or did any type of exercise at all. Working out used to be something I would constantly think about. Yea, not so much now. And don’t get me started about what my eating (and drinking) habits have transitioned into. Trust me, I am one big ‘ole hot mess!
I think my gung ho-ness (yes, I just made that up) went down the tubes because I was so strict and almost consumed with thoughts of exercising as well as what I was going to eat down to the last crumb. Once I hit a weight I was comfortable with, I loosened up and eventually went ape shit with eating and drinking things that I had not allowed myself in almost a year. Going to the gym became less and less of a priority.
I suppose I have come full circle. Just as I did when I was at my lowest weight, I hardly recognize myself in the mirror anymore. The person I see is NOT the person I expect to see.
When I shared these same sentiments to an old pal of mine, she quietly listened to my rant/confession and then asked me “So, have you given up?”. I thought about it for a few seconds and honestly answered “No”. I haven’t given up nor stopped believing that I can find a happy medium for myself and begin my journey again.
Ready. Set. Goooooo!
Friday, June 7, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Still not getting the concept of NSV, yet? Let me give you a few examples….
- My wedding ring doesn’t leave a mark on my finger anymore
- When I wear my favorite jeans the ole booty is lookin’ goooood
- I made it to the gym 3 times this week
- I increased my distance by X today during my walk/jog/bike ride/ whatever
- I did NOT eat a donut today when ever other person in the office did.
- I have the highly-coveted ‘thigh gap’.
Monday, April 22, 2013
~What's Been Up~
~Breakin' It Down~
I'll end this post with Ghandi's Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World - I have this poster hanging on my cube wall at work. It speaks to me on SO many levels and I hope it does for you too!
Thursday, March 7, 2013
* I am back to being a coffee drinker. I'm up to about 2-3 cups in the morning - complete with loads of sugar and creamer.
* I have enjoyed a soda pop several times in the last few months - it was heavenly.
* I haven't been consistent in the gym for about 4 months.
* I have gained back 10 lbs of the 47 that I had worked so hard to lose.
* I have had cake, brownies, cookies, candy and pretty much anything sweet that has come my way....knowing full well that if I took 1 single bite I would fall head over heels in love with sweets again.
* My pants now fit tight and even a few jeans are just too snug to wear anymore.
* That old familiar feeling of regardless of what clothes I wear, I still feel and look like a fat cow is back with a vengeance.
* I have been avoiding some social settings, because I am no longer proud of the way I look.
* I have had a brand new (tags still on them) pair of pants hanging in my closet for about a month now, that I can not fit into - but I refuse to return them.
* I have signed up for a 10 week wellness challenge sponsored through work and have done minimal to participate and I am a team captain.
* I haven't updated my weight in my Lose It! app in a looooong time - I just CAN'T type that number in. .
* I. HAVE. LOST. MY. FOCUS.
Monday, November 19, 2012
I remember thinking how adorable and FIT my buds looked this night and I basically hated my appearance.
|June 29, 2011 - At my heaviest|
|August 6, 2011 - 7 lbs down|
|August 30, 2011 - 12 lbs down|
|January 7, 2012 - 31 lbs down|
|January 27, 2012 - 37 lbs down|
|February 4, 2012 - 38.5 lbs down.|
Those shorts were in my closet for at least 3 years; just waiting for me to get my act together. Once I got enough courage to try them on, I discovered that they were actually baggy.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
I thought long and hard about my eating habits and even started logging what I was eating into my trusty Lose It! app, again. After a few weeks, I came to the conclusion that all my numbers were pretty good and the only trend I could really see was there was a little too much sugar going down the 'ole hatch. Noooo I am not talking about sneaking a piece of cake, some candy or a can of soda pop. Most of the sugar was coming from what I ate at breakfast; which was typically fruit...but...but...but fruit is healthy, right!?! Yep, but with everything moderation is key! The fruit that I was eating for breakfast was usually pears, pineapples, apples or peaches. Those delicious, refreshing fruit that I was SO enjoying every morning were loaded with natural sugars....well, crap!
Sooooo, I decided to do a little experiment and started switching out my typical breakfasts of fruit for mostly vegetables. By drastically decreasing the sugar I was eating and, at the same time, increasing my veggies my hope was my pooch would gradually goes down.
I flipped through all my fitness magazines, recipe books and lots and lots of websites looking for any and all veggie dishes I could find - surprisingly, I found tons of options. The first week or two was a little strange eating things like cucumber slices, cauliflower salad or even steamed broccoli for breakfast but after the weirdness wore off - it was no big deal at all. I ate like that for 6 solid weeks and noticed a difference after only about 2 weeks.
The overall results were pretty incredible. I haven't seen my tummy that tight and flat since I was in high school....that's right, I said flippin' HIGH SCHOOL. Holla!!
Disclaimer: right around my 6th week, I was laid off and my lack of routine threw me a curve ball. I realize I am making an excuse - but hey, sh*t happens! My tummy is still smaller than it was before the sugar strike, but not as small as it was during it. I 'm planning on going on strike again, real soon. It had such a dramatic result for me, my ending verdict is a 100% thumbs up!
|It's no abs of steel, but I'll take it :-)|