Friday, June 7, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Still not getting the concept of NSV, yet? Let me give you a few examples….
- My wedding ring doesn’t leave a mark on my finger anymore
- When I wear my favorite jeans the ole booty is lookin’ goooood
- I made it to the gym 3 times this week
- I increased my distance by X today during my walk/jog/bike ride/ whatever
- I did NOT eat a donut today when ever other person in the office did.
- I have the highly-coveted ‘thigh gap’.
Monday, April 22, 2013
~What's Been Up~
~Breakin' It Down~
I'll end this post with Ghandi's Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World - I have this poster hanging on my cube wall at work. It speaks to me on SO many levels and I hope it does for you too!
Thursday, March 7, 2013
* I am back to being a coffee drinker. I'm up to about 2-3 cups in the morning - complete with loads of sugar and creamer.
* I have enjoyed a soda pop several times in the last few months - it was heavenly.
* I haven't been consistent in the gym for about 4 months.
* I have gained back 10 lbs of the 47 that I had worked so hard to lose.
* I have had cake, brownies, cookies, candy and pretty much anything sweet that has come my way....knowing full well that if I took 1 single bite I would fall head over heels in love with sweets again.
* My pants now fit tight and even a few jeans are just too snug to wear anymore.
* That old familiar feeling of regardless of what clothes I wear, I still feel and look like a fat cow is back with a vengeance.
* I have been avoiding some social settings, because I am no longer proud of the way I look.
* I have had a brand new (tags still on them) pair of pants hanging in my closet for about a month now, that I can not fit into - but I refuse to return them.
* I have signed up for a 10 week wellness challenge sponsored through work and have done minimal to participate and I am a team captain.
* I haven't updated my weight in my Lose It! app in a looooong time - I just CAN'T type that number in. .
* I. HAVE. LOST. MY. FOCUS.
Monday, November 19, 2012
I remember thinking how adorable and FIT my buds looked this night and I basically hated my appearance.
|June 29, 2011 - At my heaviest|
|August 6, 2011 - 7 lbs down|
|August 30, 2011 - 12 lbs down|
|January 7, 2012 - 31 lbs down|
|January 27, 2012 - 37 lbs down|
|February 4, 2012 - 38.5 lbs down.|
Those shorts were in my closet for at least 3 years; just waiting for me to get my act together. Once I got enough courage to try them on, I discovered that they were actually baggy.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
I thought long and hard about my eating habits and even started logging what I was eating into my trusty Lose It! app, again. After a few weeks, I came to the conclusion that all my numbers were pretty good and the only trend I could really see was there was a little too much sugar going down the 'ole hatch. Noooo I am not talking about sneaking a piece of cake, some candy or a can of soda pop. Most of the sugar was coming from what I ate at breakfast; which was typically fruit...but...but...but fruit is healthy, right!?! Yep, but with everything moderation is key! The fruit that I was eating for breakfast was usually pears, pineapples, apples or peaches. Those delicious, refreshing fruit that I was SO enjoying every morning were loaded with natural sugars....well, crap!
Sooooo, I decided to do a little experiment and started switching out my typical breakfasts of fruit for mostly vegetables. By drastically decreasing the sugar I was eating and, at the same time, increasing my veggies my hope was my pooch would gradually goes down.
I flipped through all my fitness magazines, recipe books and lots and lots of websites looking for any and all veggie dishes I could find - surprisingly, I found tons of options. The first week or two was a little strange eating things like cucumber slices, cauliflower salad or even steamed broccoli for breakfast but after the weirdness wore off - it was no big deal at all. I ate like that for 6 solid weeks and noticed a difference after only about 2 weeks.
The overall results were pretty incredible. I haven't seen my tummy that tight and flat since I was in high school....that's right, I said flippin' HIGH SCHOOL. Holla!!
Disclaimer: right around my 6th week, I was laid off and my lack of routine threw me a curve ball. I realize I am making an excuse - but hey, sh*t happens! My tummy is still smaller than it was before the sugar strike, but not as small as it was during it. I 'm planning on going on strike again, real soon. It had such a dramatic result for me, my ending verdict is a 100% thumbs up!
|It's no abs of steel, but I'll take it :-)|
Thursday, August 16, 2012
|This was approx 45 pounds ago|
This picture now sits in my jewelry box, right next to where I put my wedding ring at night – so I see it every morning…and some days it still brings tears to my eyes.
- The assertion that something exists or is true.
- A statement or proposition that is declared to be true.
- Confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc
- I am a work in progress; which means I will get there a little at a time, not all at once.
- I have it within me. Right now, to get where I want to be!
- I am in charge of my future
- I am a force to be reckoned with! (personal favorite)
- It does not matter how slow I go.
- I CAN do this!
- I am a role model for my family