Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Must Confess...

I started this blog to capture my feelings, successes and failure with my weight loss journey - NOT necessarily to share them with others.  Sharing my 'story' has always been secondary.  So in keeping with my personal objective I have some confessions I need to get off my chest.  I have listed them out NOT to garner any sympathy (for lack of a better word) or attention - but as my outlet to express my thoughts and feelings. 

 * I am back to being a coffee drinker.  I'm up to about 2-3 cups in the morning - complete with loads of sugar and creamer.

 * I have enjoyed a soda pop several times in the last few months - it was heavenly.

 * I haven't been consistent in the gym for about 4 months.

 * I have gained back 10 lbs of the 47 that I had worked so hard to lose.

 * I have had cake, brownies, cookies, candy and pretty much anything sweet that has come my way....knowing full well that if I took 1 single bite I would fall head over heels in love with sweets again.

 * My pants now fit tight and even a few jeans are just too snug to wear anymore.

 * That old familiar feeling of regardless of what clothes I wear, I still feel and look like a fat cow is back with a vengeance.

 * I have been avoiding some social settings, because I am no longer proud of the way I look.

 * I have had a brand new (tags still on them) pair of pants hanging in my closet for about a month now, that I can not fit into - but I refuse to return them.

 * I have signed up for a 10 week wellness challenge sponsored through work and have done minimal to participate and I am a team captain. 

 * I haven't updated my weight in my Lose It! app in a looooong time - I just CAN'T type that number in. .

 * I.     HAVE.     LOST.     MY.     FOCUS.

3 comments:

  1. Me too sister. I don't know why, but it seems like when we are "on" we are all in and when we are "off" it's times ten. If I regain my focus, I'll share my motivator. Right now, I just don't have one. It feels nasty to sit around and not exercise, so why don't we get up? I'd rather watch TV and drink beer all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently lost 25lb...it felt great, but this week I have really lost focus too. :( I keep telling myself that my body deserves a break... but...it is already showing on the scale. I should say...refocus today, but...Refocus on Monday??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think just SAYING you've lost your focus is excellent in itself. You'll get it back, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete