Thursday, January 5, 2012

Keeping it Real

Things are not always rainbows and lollipops on this journey that I am on.  The past few weeks I have missed several workouts, ate a few too sugar cookies, drink too many glasses of wine and have developed almost an addiction to Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.  In fact just last night, after everyone was in bed, I found myself in my pantry DEVOURING a Hersey's chocolate bar I discovered.  I crammed that bar in my mouth as if I had been starving on a deserted island for months.  After the short and sweet 'high' was gone I felt ashamed, embarrassed.....in short, PA-THE-TIC!!


I beat myself up about that chocolate bar (and the missed workouts, and the cookies, and the lattes, and the glasses wine) all darn night until I drifted off sleep.

The whole drive into work I thought about my lack of focus over the last few weeks.  I thought about how no one is perfect and everyone falls off the wagon occasionally and decided it's HOW you get back on that wagon and not just ride it but make it yours!
What I did (and didn't do) is in the past and today is a new day and I am gonna ride that wagon and make it my biotch!

No comments:

Post a Comment