Friday, September 30, 2011

My First 5K Walk and More

Last week-end I was able to exercise my mind, body and soul...and it was fabulous!

Friday night my daughter and I participated in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's, Light the Night 5K Walk.  We walked with other family members to honor Karen Schaberg who we lost to lymphoma earlier this year. 


Seeing all the people there to honor loved ones was pretty overwhelming at times.  At the end of the walk my feet and back were sore but I think that's a tiny price to pay to bring awareness to leukemia and lymphoma.  Below is a picture of the walkers winding through the wooded areas on the walk - it was really a sight to see!  Several other walkers had to stop to snap a picture of it too.



On Saturday we had the privilege of attending the Take Defense course provided by the Ali Kemp Foundation.  My daughter and I attended this event with our neighbors and I am SO thankful they asked us to join them.  It was a great event and wonderful to see so many women, young and old, empowering themselves!  Here's a picture of Lexi going crazy on the practice dummy - she was REALLY good at going crazy, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment