Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can't Never Could, Won't Never Would



I am starting to get frustrated with the BodyPump class I have been taking.  I am doing great with my arms and all of my upper body, but it's the lower body that KILLS me!  As the teacher leads us through our workout she will advise "Ok, we're going to do legs so you'll probably need to take the weight on your bar up"  Or " arms are next so lose about half of the weight on your bar".  I apparently, am opposite of everyone else in the world.  My arms are WAY stronger than my legs. Even though I have been taking this BodyPump class for nearly a month @ twice a week....I still rarely am able to finish a complete set on my legs.  Ugh, so frustrating!  This has been on my mind a lot lately.  I've been racking my brain on how I can complete each set of everything without even pausing for a quick rest.

Yesterday as I was driving home I call the hubby and the conversation went a little something like this

Me:  Hi honey, I'm not sure what to do about BodyPump
Hubby: What do you mean?
Me:  My legs are so weak; I think I need to do something different
Hubby:  Everytime you go to BodyPump you are strengthing your legs; it takes time
Me: But..but...I can't
Hubby:  Can't never could and won't never would
Me: I don't want to go, there I said it I dont want to go
Hubby:  You should go, don't stop - you have the perfect weekly work out schedule.  If you don't go it will mess the schedule up.
Me:  Ugh, I don't know...maybe, well see.

I continue on with my drive to the Y and once I am there, I sit in my car for a few mintutes trying to convince myself that I can do this.  Just do it and get it over with, Shannon!  Next thing I know I'm in class and that silly phrase, Can't Never Could, Won't Never Would, that the hubby likes to use is bouncing around in my head.  Oh crap, warm up is done...time...for....legs.  UGH!!!  I repeated that phrase over and over in my head the whole time I did the dreaded legs and you know what?  I did all my sets - no pausing or anything.

With all that being said, I will continue to do the BodyPump classes and try my best to always have a positive attitude becuase it DOES help!

No comments:

Post a Comment