Thursday, March 1, 2012

Goal Updates

I have some news that I am SO thrilled about!  I have taken a major step towards achieving one of my goals.  If you recall, I talked about my mini goals several months ago here.  The goal that I am speaking about today is 'Run in a 5K'.

I've been researching and watching for just the right 5K to be my first.  I narrowed it down to two; the Run for your Lives and The Color Run.  I was immediately drawn to the Run for Your Lives run because I am a bit of a zombie movie freak and thought it would be a riot with an entire 5K having a zombie theme around. 


Then there is The Color Run; it's seems to be more of a family friendly event, less intense and just plain fun.  After I watched the video for The Color Run I knew it was the one! 


As soon as registration opened this week I filled out all the online forms and sat there in front of my computer with my pointer finger hovering above the enter key.  I just couldn't believe that I was getting ready to sign up for my first 5K run.  I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger (aka hit the enter key) and did a little happy dance in my head.  I wanted to shout it to the world, "I just signed up for my first 5K run".


It's pretty surreal to think that just a mere 7 months ago I would have busted out a big 'ole belly laugh at the notion of running (or even walking) in a 5K.  But now everything is different...things that once were impossible ARE now possible.

Oh and I have to give a shout out to Tammy and Maddie for joining my team the 'KC Cuties' and my old bud Kim for pulling together her own team 'Whoa, Watch Out Says That Bird!'.  We are going to rock this 5K, ladies.  We might not technically refer to ourselves as runners but we've taken a step out of our comfort zone and that's when we'll start to see our full potential.  

Tammy, Maddie and Kim ~ I can't wait to see you all at the finish line!
On a slightly similar note; I've been working on another mini goal for a while now - to build definition in my biceps and triceps.  Although I still have room for improvement I do believe that I see definition!


What goals have you accomplished?  I would LOVE to hear about it - just click that Post a Comment button below and share it with the world!

1 comment:

  1. I have already said it before and I will say again - you are such an inspiration!! Just reading your blog i'm ready to get off my butt and go work out :) I am finally below 130 lbs which I have not been able to achieve in 5 years - VERY HAPPY. Also I can fit back into my favorite jeans. Ohhh and the energy - LOVE IT. I can finally get things done around here.

    ReplyDelete