Sunday, March 18, 2012

How My St. Patricks Day Went Down

 After getting a few loads of laundry taken care of and putting the house back together after a busy week I decided I need to stop procrastinating and actually do my very 1st jog OUTSIDE.  After all, I do have a 5K that I need to start working up to.

Since I don't really live in a typical neighborhood I thought I would start by running the mowed path over to my neighbors house and then down the length of their property toward the road and then across the front yards back to my home sweet home. 

Here I am looking toward the path, full of gusto and confidence.  Here I go...


...entering the path...

...made it to the bend in the path, the neighbors house is in sight...

...so close...but I can barely breath...

By the time I made it to their front door I was a hot mess, huffing and puffing at a ridiculous rate. 

I didn't even attempt to run down the length of their front yard and back to my house - instead I did a half jog/half walk back the way I came.

I stopped to snap a picture of me in front of the blooming pear trees.

...got home and had one of these...

...then went shopping and bought these..
sorry so blurry
So all in all my 1st attempt at jogging outside was pretty much laughable BUT you better believe that I tried it again the next day.  I made it to the neighbors house, chatted with their sweet daughter while I caught my breath and then (for the most part) ran my original intended route all the way home.  And yes, I was huffing and puffing like a freight train again....but I make progress, wahoo!

Hope everyone had a fab St. Patricks Day !

No comments:

Post a Comment