Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's The Most Important Meal of the Day

I eat my breakfast at my desk 5 days a week; so they have to be easy, tasty and healthy.  Here are some of my go-to breakfasts.

Eggs, Grapefruit and Toast


2 hard boiled egss with salt & pepper and several dashes of hot sauce
1 grapefruit
1 slice of whole wheat toast


Greek Yogurt with Fruit


These little bad boys are awesome - just grab the flavor you like and you are all set!


PB & 'Nanas on Toast


Toasted whole wheat with a smear of peanut butter and banana slices, yumo!


Eggs in a Mug

Here's what you'll need.
  Over sized mug
  Fork
  2 eggs (or just 2 egg whites)
  Shredded cheese
  Milk (cows, rice, soy, whatever!).  I have to use Lactaid, because cows milk makes my tummy get angry.
 


Crack two eggs into your mug and scramble them



Add a small pinch of that shredded cheese.  By the way, do you have any idea how hard it is to take a picture of yourself with one hand while the other is simulating dropping shredded cheese in a mug?  Freakin' hard!


Add about 2 teaspoons of milk and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds
Fluff with a fork, zap it for another 30 seconds
Fluff it again and decide how much longer (if any) you still need to cook your eggs; I usually do another 10 seconds. 



Wala! You now have a nice warm mug of super fast and super easy scrambled eggs.  As a finishing touch I always add my usual dashes of hot sauce.

I typically take my cracked eggs, pinch 'o cheese, splash 'o milk and put it in a Tupperware container before I leave the house.  When I get to work and just dump everything in my mug and get to cookin'.   


Yogurt, Granola, Fruit & Nuts

Here I have about 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt with a small handful of blueberries, granola and almond slices.  Mix the granola and nuts in at the last minute or they will get mushy.

Oatmeal


It's back to basics on this option...old fashioned oats with a pinch of brown sugar and a few golden raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment