Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My New Work Out Buddy

Last night was yet another emotional night for me in my journey.  After months of trying to convince my 10 year old daughter, Lexi, to join me in one of the classes I take at the Y instead of her typical hour long leisurely stroll on the treadmill or stationary bike she DID IT!   She went with me to my Turbo Kick class - worked hard, burned calories and had FUN!!  I was so proud of her during class - she kept up with the other students and I even think the instructor enjoyed having a new dynamic to class.

As we were walking on our way to the car, she mentioned that she wanted to do it again and even join me in some of my other classes - yay!  She also that she really wanted some cute workout clothes "like everyone else wears".  I made a deal with her that if she loses 5 pounds I would buy a super cute workout outfit for her.  I have been VERY delicately trying to bring up the subject of fitness with her and the timing with 100% perfect!  We had the conversation and she got it, she understood that if she doesn't begin taking care of her body now - she will be in the same boat I am.  Talk about being SO PROUD of her!  I love that girl so much!
Happy hump day, ya'll  - have a greeeeat day!

No comments:

Post a Comment