Saturday, August 4, 2012

Nose in the Corner

I've been a bad blogger lately.  I have at least six posts half written and then I get pulled in another direction.  I am still on my journey and still making progress; I have hit some more mini goals and can't wait to share them with everyone.....but 'real life' has slapped me in the back of my head.

Last week I was informed that I no longer had a job.  I was assured that the decision had nothing to do with my performance and everything to do with an ongoing merger taking place.  I was shocked, pissed, hurt, sad  and confused.  I allowed myself a few solid hours of crying and feeling sorry for myself and then realized I'm a big girl, dusted myself off and I decided to turn this negative into a positive.  I get to spend more time with my family, more time with the kids before school starts back up and maybe, just maybe, a little more time on me.  Just like Bob Marley sings, "Everything's Gonna Be Alright"; which is seriously one of the best songs ever!!

If Bob doesn't bring a little smile to your face check out the video my sweet daughter created last night.  I swear she is going to be a director or something when she grows up - she is ALWAYS doing something with a video camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAjvbMR87EU

Hope ya'll have an absolutely fab week-end! 



No comments:

Post a Comment